Dr. O. P. Sheoran
Head of Section
College of Basic Sciences & Huminities
CCS Haryana Agricultural University
Hisar - 125004, Haryana (India)
Phone No : 01662-255290
Alternate No : 01662-255360
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Computer Centre was established in 1979. The administrative control is with the Dean, College of Basic Sciences & Humanities. The Centre is located in the College of Basic Sciences & Humanities building with a total covered area of aprox. 10,000 sq. ft. It has 8 rooms (seminar room, staff room, in-charge's room, software development lab, server and switch room, Network Lab, Teaching lab etc.). The Computer Section has at present more than 60 desktop PCs and 6 printers for the use of students, faculty and staff. Three HP Prolent DL580 G5 and two Xseries 235 IBM servers running Linux and Windows 2008 operating system is being used for web server, application server and radius server.
The installation of Campus-wide GIGABIT Network is implemented by this section with funds from AHRD project. The Campus wide network spread over more than 18 K.M. through fiber optic cables and is providing Internet facility to the stakeholder though 1 GBPS (Shared) leased line provided by National Knowledge Network (NKN). A firewall (Cyberoam) has been installed to ensure the internet security.
The computer section currently providing the Wi-Fi facility to the students at their hostels as well as at colleges/offices for the stakeholders. The computer section has been catering the needs of students and researchers for their data analysis though SPSS/SAS/Indostat/OPSTAT etc.
- UG and PG teaching of computer courses
- Maintenance of campus wide area network
- Providing internet/wi-fi connectivity to the university campus
- Statistical Data Analysis using SPSS, SAS, Indostat and in-house developed online statistical analysis software OPSTAT.
- Statistical guidance for students
- Need based computer trainings for faculty/students
- Need based software development.
- Implementation of state government initiatives regarding digitalization such as Aadhar Enabled Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS), Centralized File Movement and Tracking Information System (CFMS), Public Financial Management System (PFMS)
- Implementation and maintenance of Anti-Plagiarism software (Turnitin)
- To impart quality education to the UG and PG students of the University and to develop human resource specialized in various aspects of Computer Science.
- Providing Data Analysis facility using SPSS/SAS/Indostat/OPSTAT and statistical guidance to researchers.
- To provide internet facilities and maintain campus wide network at the university level. Providing Wi-Fi connectivity in all the hostels and colleges/offices of the University.
- Development of need based data analysis and other software
|1.||Providing internet facilities and maintaining campus wide network at the university level. Providing Wi-Fi connectivity in all the hostels and colleges/offices of the University.|
|2||Providing Data Analysis facility using SPSS/SAS/Indostat/OPSTAT and statistical guidance to researchers.|
|3||Imparting quality education to the UG and PG students of the University and to develop human resource specialized in various aspects of Computer Science.|
Software Developed for
|Sr. No.||Software Developed|
|1||Online Statistical Data Analysis Tool (OPSTAT)|
|2||Statistical Software for Matting Designs (SPMD)|
|3||Software for audit and grant utilization certificate (for comptroller office)|
|4||Online Payroll Management System|
|5||Online GPF/CPF statement Software|
|6||Electricity Billing Software (Estate Office)|
|7||Software for Seed Testing Laboratory|
|8||Dynamic University Website Development|
|9||Online software for pensioners|
|10||Need Based data analysis programs|
|Class rooms with ICT facility||1|
|No. of Computer labs||2|
|No. of Rooms for faculty/ staff||5|
|No. of Toilets (Working)||02 (1 Male 1 Female)|
|Servers (5)||1. HP Prolaint DL580G5 (1) (Web Server)
2. HP Prolaint DL580G4(2) (Application Server)
3. IBM Server Xseries 235 (2) (Radius Server and Spam Server)
|Firewall||Cyberoam CR1500ia 10.6.5|
|Controllers||WLC2800 Juniper Make (2)|
|Router||Juniper Make (1)|
|Core Switches||QFX5100 Juniper Make (3)|
|Network Switches (PoE) for w-ifi||Ex3300 Juniper Make (18)|
|Network Switches for LAN||75 (Entrasys, DLink and HP)|
|Access Points (Wi-fi)||Juniper Make (190)|
|Network access points||1400 Approximately|
|Desktop Computers for Labs and staff||60|
|UPS||a. 5 KVA Vinitec Make (5)
b. 3 KVA Vinitec (1) and APC (1)
c. 2 KVA Tata Libert(1)
d. 2 KVA Vinitec (2) Out of order
- Implemented National Knowledge Network Programme in the University, a GOI scheme to connect all the universities and colleges through high speed 1Gbps network/internet
- The Section is implementing Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the University Campus alongwith strengthening of Campus-wide networking through PURSE Scheme, DST(GOI), New Delhi.
- In order to cater scientific community for their statistical data analysis work, Online Statistical Analysis Software named OPSTAT was developed. This tool has been upgraded with new and demanding modules in every year.
- A Software Package of Mating Design has been developed in collaboration with department of Mathematics and Statistics. This software has been copyrighted by NATIONAL RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (NRDC), New Delhi.
- Implementing the Aadhar Enabled Bio-metric Attendance System (AEBAS).
- Implemented the Anti-Plagiarism cloud based software, Centralized File Tracking and Monitoring System (CFMS) and Public Financial Management System (PFMS) in the University.
- Implemented the centralized salary module of CCS HAU
- Manual on Introductory Computer Science by D S Tonk, O P Sheoran and R N Sheokand (2003).
- Computer Applications – Practical Manual by D S Tonk, O P Sheoran and R N Sheokand (2003).
- Introduction to Basic Mathematics for Students of Agriculture by Manoj Kumar, Manju Tonk and Ram Niwas (2011).
- Manual on “Introduction to Computer Application” for UG Student by R N Sheokand, O P Sheoran and D S Tonk (2013).
|Sr. No.||Salient Achievements|
|1.||Implemented National Knowledge Network Programme in the University, a GOI scheme to connect all the Universities and Colleges through high speed 1 Gbps network/internet|
|2.||Provided IT support to all the faculty members, employees and students which includes training programmes under computer literacy mission on the Campus.|
|3.||Implemented University wide Network and providing internet connectivity to the stakeholders. Wi-fi connectivity have been provided and maintained in the hostels and colleges/offices of the University.|
|4.||In order to cater scientific community for their statistical data analysis work, Online Statistical Analysis Software named OPSTAT was developed. This tool has been upgraded with new and demanding modules in every year.|
|5.||Implemented the centralized salary module of CCS HAU.|
|6.||A Software Package of Mating Design has been developed in collaboration with department of Mathematics and Statistics. This software has been copyrighted by NATIONAL RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (NRDC), New Delhi.|
|7.||Implemented the Aadhar Enabled Bio-metric Attendance System (AEBAS).|
|8.||Implemented the Anti-Plagiarism cloud based software, Centralized File Tracking and Monitoring System (CFMS) and Public Financial Management System (PFMS) in the University.|
|9.||Organized Refresher Course on Computer Application for Scientists of SAU’s in collaboration with AAREM, Directorate of Human Resource Management every year.|
|10.||Organized Four Short Training on Statistical Data Analysis for PG students in collaboration with Directorate of Student Welfare.|
|1||Satish Bansal||Junior Programmer||B.Com.||email@example.com|
|2||Bhoj Raj||CODEO||B.A.(Hons.) PGDCA , PM&IR Management Diplomafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Vasu Dev||Sr. Lab. Assistant||Intermediateemail@example.com|
|4||Renu||CODEO||B.A., PGDCA, M.Sc. Computer Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|